Recently I’ve been playing this game Alibat. Alibat stands for Alice Battle and is a doujin 3-D fighting game involving characters from Rozen Maiden. Having it as one of my favorite animes, I simply could not let this game pass by.
Perhaps the best thing about this game is that you get to fight alongside your favorite doll from Rozen Maiden. Furthermore, the dolls all have unique attacks and these attacks remind of their counterparts from the series. For example, Suigintou can shoot feathers and Shinku can shoot petals. This certainly was rather sensational. Another neat feature is that both the doll and the medium (you) will level up as you battle. While I am not sure exactly what the levels do, they certainly add a sense of purpose to the endless beatings of Kanaria and Barasuisho.
All the dolls are included, and yes, that includes Kirakishou (who’s actually really fun to play with) and even Detective Kun Kun.
The game play of Alibat is rather simple. Pick up the briefcases scattered all over the field and use the attacks they give you to attack the other doll, while being mindful of your opponent’s attacks. The briefcases will give different types of attacks, so remember what they are. For instance, W sends a wave across the screen while S gives out a short ranged sword swing.
- esc/ backspace = exit
- z= attack
- x= dash
- c= jump
- p= alternate costume select (my personal favorite… took me a while to figure out this one)
I had to dig around somewhat to finally get Alibat and get the game to work, so I’ve decided to upload them all in one place and make it easier on people.
AliBAT v. 1.5 (.iso): download
- Batch: download
- AliBAT OST by CLOCKWORK: download (I kind of like the song on the opening screen)
Follow these instructions first for the simplest installation:
- Download Alibat v1.5 in the link. It is a .iso file. Mount the .iso file using Daemon tools, Install the game.
(If you don’t want to use Daemon tools or do not want to mount it, I have a .rar version that you can just extract with WinRAR.
AliBAT v. 1.5 (.rar): download
With this, just extract the file and locate install.exe in the extracted folder. Double click on it to install.)
- In Windows XP: Open the Control Panel. Double click on the Regional and Language Options icon to open the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
- In the Regional Options tab, Standards and formats, on the dropdown list, select Japanese.
That’s it. No patches. No cracks. No applocale or SBapplocale.
MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL EAST ASIAN OR JAPANESE FONTS. I’m guessing you already know how to do that.
Changing to a Japanese environment or Japanese locale is NOT NECESSARY.
Note: your computer language settings need to be correct.
-provided by Cloudscream on Doujinstyle.
- Extract Alibat with winrar and install it or just mount the file with daemon tools
- Extract the Batch file and double click the SBapplocale
- Place Alibat.bat from the Batch file in the directory where Alibat’s installed
- Click on Alibat.bat to play. A command screen should pop up, wait several seconds and the game should start. Batch file doesn’t seem to work for a lot of people.
If the game does not work, that means your computer is not set to Japanese languages. Follow the instructions listed in comment 1.
Or Download the Batch file here: Chris’s all in one fix! Do this only if the above method did not work, which it should… Detail instructions are in comment #40. -courtesy of Chris
“1-install the game
2-copy the -SBAppLocale- and -Data1- and -ALiBAT.sav- and -Start- to where you installed the game. (ie. C:\Program Files\PROJECT YNP\ALiBAT Ver1.5)
3-and now on if you want play the game use the Start you can Rename if you want
the Start i made work with Alibat 1.0 and Alibat 1.5 it should work with Xp and Vista
Lastly, check the many pages of comments if you keep having problems, or just post something here and hope it can get answered.
Drop a comment if you liked it. ^_^
Anyway I love playing with Suigintou and utterly destroying all other dolls in hell mode. I also love it when she says meimei.
Though I definitely do kind of feel like a loser getting so much enjoyment out of playing with dolls…